The first of five starting flights in Event 9, a $250 re-entry event with a $250,000 guarantee, begins today at 4 p.m. prior to registration closing on Day 1B the Main Event. On top of the guarantee, the property entices play by adding a 2014 Chrysler 300C ($25,000 cash option) to the prize pool and doling out $22,000 in promotional bonuses.
Like last week’s opening event, players are permitted to play all five starting flights and receive $3,500 for each Day 2 they advance to after their first. The smallest of the Day 2 stacks will be forfeited and the player who forfeits the most chips over the five starting flights receives $2,000 cash and a $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat. Additionally, the players who forfeit the second and third most chips pocket $5,000.
Here’s a closer look at the event:
- Flight A – Saturday, May 10 – 4 p.m.
- Flight B – Saturday, May 10 – 7 p.m.
- Flight C – Sunday May 11 – 1 p.m.
- Flight D – Sunday, May 11 – 4 p.m.
- Flight E – Sunday May 11 – 7 p.m.
- 10,000 starting chips at 25/50 level
- Levels 1-12 are 25 minutes, Day 1 Levels 13+ are 30 minutes
- Registration open through Level 6
- Unlimited re-entry through registration period
- Day 1s pay 10 percent of the field while playing to 4 percent
- Players receive $3,500 bonus for each Day 2 they advance to after their first assuming their largest stack on Day 2
- $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat + $2,000 cash to the player who forfeits most chips, $5,000 cash to players who forfeit second and third most
More information on the event is available on the structure sheet outside The Venue.