Event #9 $250 NLH with $200,000 guarantee (Lexus IS 350, $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat and $8,000 cash added)
The 2015 Chicago Poker Classic saved one its best tournaments for last. Event 9, a $250 NLH tournament, features five starting flights beginning tomorrow at 3 and 6 p.m. and Sunday at noon, 3 and 6 p.m. The unique event boasts a $200,000 guarantee and a $2,000 double qualifier bonus as well as a 2015 Lexus IS 350 (pictured), a $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat and $8,000 in cash worth of added prizes.
While the Lexus is set to complement the champion’s first-place prize money, the $10,000 WSOP seat and $5,000 and $3,000 bonuses head to the players who surrender the first, second and third most chips. That is, players are permitted to play multiple starting flights and those who advanced to Day 2 from multiple flights surrender the least of their stacks. At the end of the starting flights, the players who surrender the first, second and third most chips earn the aforementioned added prizes. In addition, the $2,000 double qualifier bonus will be paid for each Day 2 any player qualifiers for after their first.
Here’s a more complete look at the tournament:
Event #9A/B/C/D/E, $250 NLH with $200,000 guarantee (Lexus IS 350, $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat and $8,000 cash added):
- $200,000 guarantee
- $2,000 double qualifier bonus
- 2015 Lexus IS 350 ($49,574 sticker, $25,000 cash option), $10,000 WSOP seat and $8,000 cash added
- Flights A and B begin Saturday, March 14 at 3 and 6 p.m., Flights C, D and E being Sunday at noon, 3 and 6 p.m.
- $250 buy in gets players 10,000 chips
- Blinds begin at 25/50
- Day 1 levels 1-12 are 25 minutes, Day 1 levels 13+ are 30 minutes, Day 2 levels are 40 minutes
- Unlimited re-entry permitted through the registration period (player must bust or forfeit chips prior to re-entering)
- Registration remains open through Level 6 (~2 hours and 45 minutes after cards go in the air)
- Day 1s conclude when play narrows to 8 percent of the starting field
- Players finishing between 8 and 10 percent of the starting field receive a $450 same-day payout
- Players may play multiple Day 1s surrendering the smallest of their stacks
- Advancing players return for Day 2 Monday, March 16 at 12 p.m.
More information on the tournament is available under the “2015 CPC Structures” tab above on web or by clicking the “Menu” link on mobile.