The Chicago Poker Classic starts today with the first two starting flights of Event #1, a $360 buyin No-Limit Hold’em Event. Six (6) CPC Main Event seats will be added to the total prizepool for this event. Last year’s event drew a total of 2,160 entries and a prizepool of $643,680. Jeffrey Guss won that event for over $100,000. This year is sure to attract similar numbers with the added value of the Main Event seats.
Here are the details for Event #1:
- $360 Buyin
- 10,000 starting chips
- 30 minute levels on Day 1, 40 minute levels on Day 2
- 6 Starting flights: 12pm and 5pm on March 2, March 3, and March 4
- Unlimited re-entry until the start of level 7
- May play multiple Day 1’s, best stack forward
- Each Day 1 flight will play down to 8% of the field
- Players eliminated in top 11%-8% will receive $800 for a min-cash
- Added CPC Main Event seats non-transferable
The top 8% Day 1 finishers will combine for Day 2 on Sunday, March 5 at 12 pm. Those who qualify on multiple Day 1’s will take their biggest stack forward to Day 2 and receive an $800 minimum payout for smaller Day 1 stacks forfeited.
You can find all CPC Event Structures on the Horseshoe Poker Room Site.